The Mountbatten Brailler is the complete Braille learning centre for children and their teachers. As a professional resource, the Mountbatten Brailler offers exceptional connectivity and software to support flexible teaching and educational needs.
The Mountbatten is a simple tool that can be used to develop awareness of Braille symbols and characters. The clear audio response reinforces learning and tells the student which commands are being entered.
The Mountbatten is the first and only Bluetooth® Smart hard-copy Braille device that communicates wirelessly with iOS Bluetooth® Smart Ready devices.
Mountbatten Brailler Tutor
Braille, speak, play!
- Brailler, embosser, communication and gaming implement;
- First technology interaction opportunity for blind children;
- Modern Braille learning tool;
- Indispensable for understanding new concepts (page, paragraph, line of text, alignment etc.);
- Invaluable help for teachers and parents;
- Good for children with multiple disabilities;
- Education through fun, games and scenarios
- Facilitates interaction with peers;
- Remote education.
- Easy type, comfortable, detachable Braille keyboard; Menu-driven operation, embedded visual display;
- Synthetic speech - user switchable languages;
- Fast and quiet Braille embossing, optional ink or laser printers;
- Two-way print and Braille conversion, APH patterns;
- On-page editing (erase function), optional QWERTY keyboard;
- USB or wireless communication with mainstream devices;
- Braille graphics capabilities;
- Internet sharing of resources, games and scenarios;
- Math, music mode;
- Practically unlimited memory, cloud attached.
- Dimensions: 408 x 160 x 101 mm (4 x 6,3 x 16”);
- Weight: 3.9 kg (8.6 lbs);
- Power: Rechargeable internal Li-Ion battery good for 30 pages embossed per charge;
- Battery life: 240 hours standard use, 7 hours embossing mode;
- Paper: Standard office paper, 80 gsm or 20 lbs, to Braille paper 140 gsm;
- Languages: A range of languages and braille codes;
- Comes with: Battery charger, MB-Comm software (MBMimic app available on AppStore and Play Store).
Mountbatten Braille Tutor
Literacy Skills are basic to all learning, and learning is fundamental to every child’s success. The MB Tutor has been designed for children who need Braille. It is a fun and inclusive introduction to Braille literacy and provides a solid foundation for a life-time of learning. It is suitable for the very first stages of Braille instruction through to high school and beyond. With its exceptional flexibility and range of functions, the MB Tutor is a solution for meeting ever changing educational and teaching goals. It contains tools that are simply not offered by more traditional devices.
Reinforces recognition of Braille characters – utilising speech output to enable and promote experiential learning. Allows pre-Braille activities and play for young children long before they are physically able to use traditional mechanical Braille writers.
Develops technology and Braille as Life Skills – concepts of using files and editing documents are introduced at a basic level, all in the context of learning Braille.
Introduces organisational concepts such as planning and time management – using the built-in clock and diary functions. Removes attitudinal barriers by taking the „mystery” out of Braille – sighted teachers, peers and family can connect a regular PC keyboard and write in Braille.
Assists with inclusion and participation – the student’s work is displayed on the LCD screen.
Literacy through Braille opens up the world of communication and expression – essential for living successfully. Braille fulfils needs that cannot be addressed by verbal and audio methods. The MB Tutor is the ideal platform for launching children into the world of Braille literacy.
Mountbatten Brailler Tutor speaks and produces Braille in more than 30 languages.
Learning through fun and interaction over the Internet introduced by the new Mountbatten Brailler Tutor are developing the valuable concept of gamification of learning.